Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Terrorist Attacks: is everyone here okay?

  1. #31
    Inactive Member tyledras's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2000
    Posts
    642
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think i've about talked it out on other forums. glad to hear that people are ok here. i still keep hearing word from people i didn't realize were in the buildings letting me know they are ok.
    i just wanted to add, keep our armed forces in your prayers, we have several people in the forces and if this thing goes as some people are predicting they could see some fighting. so for all our guys and galls, and especially for ski and firebird who used to post here regularly when they had better computer access.

  2. #32
    HB Forum Owner AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 1999
    Posts
    1,777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Choas, for what it is worth, I don't think you need to change your name unless it is bugging you. I can understand if you want to, but please don't do it for anyone here, I think we are all intelligent enough for it not to be a problem.

    But as I said above, the only way I know to change it is to register a new one.

    ------------------
    Selah

  3. #33
    Inactive Member John Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    How is "Chaos Buterfly" offensive in any way, shape, and form? I don't get it.

    ------------------
    "Beware the fury of a patient man"-John Dryden


    "What does it profit God to take the young, rending the cloth of his blessing undone?"-Griffin Silver

    "Nothing is certain but the unforeseen."-fortune cookie.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Chaos Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2001
    Posts
    788
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK I'm keeping the user name, for a moment I just thought the association with flying chaos (that's the connection JC) may not be a good one. But it suits my life and personality, it's based on the butterfly effect part of the chaos theory. Thankyou for reassuring me and being so sweet though.

    wink

    ------------------
    I have become lost to the world
    With which I used to waste so much time,
    It has heard nothing from me for so long
    that it may very well believe that I am dead!

    It is of no consequence to me
    whether it thinks me dead;
    I cannot deny it,
    For I really am dead to the world.

    I am dead to the world's tumult,
    And I rest in a quiet realm!
    I live alone in my heaven,
    In my love and in my song!

    Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen - Ruckert/Mahler

  5. #35
    HB Forum Owner AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 1999
    Posts
    1,777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    John, I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with the name Choas Butterfly. I just answered Choas's question about changing it.

    ------------------
    Selah

  6. #36
    Inactive Member John Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was just wondering why Chaos Buterfly wanted to change the name. I do not see anything wrong with it at all, but I can see how Chaos could be concerned. I did some thinking about mine too. I picked my name off a charecter from a Tom Clancy book who went from being a vigilante/part time black ops guy to full time terrorist hunter. In one of the books Mr. Clark's friend, Jack Ryan, was sworn in as vice president about five seconds before a pilot flew a 757 into the Capital building killing most of congress, all of the supreme court, and the President. This book was written years ago, but it is still uncanny how similar the book's president and our president handled the situation as far as touring the ruble and boosting the moral of the rescue workers. In the next book there is a terrorist attack in the USA and President Ryan handles the situation by setting up a camera in front of a building. He has a live press confrence showing people the evidence against the man who ordered the attack, and then shows on live TV a cruise missle destroying the building that the man was in. That ended the terrorist problem in the book. If only real life was this easy.

    P.S. Im 25 today. This birthday wasn't exactly happy. I just do not feel like being happy with everything thats going on right now.

    P.P.S. Terry, I hope you don't mind my advertisement for Tom Clancy on your board. smile

    ------------------
    "Beware the fury of a patient man"-John Dryden


    "What does it profit God to take the young, rending the cloth of his blessing undone?"-Griffin Silver

    "Nothing is certain but the unforeseen."-fortune cookie.

  7. #37
    HB Forum Owner AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 1999
    Posts
    1,777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    *hugs* A late happy birthday John. I hope you took some time out to relax.

    ------------------
    Selah

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •